Monday, September 28, 2009

One of These Legs is Not Like the Other....

So, I pretty much haven't touched a sewing machine since I was in 8th grade and my Home Ec. teacher yelled at me for breaking the machine while sewing those infamous hot pads. Since that painful moment, I have lived with an aversion to sewing and sewing machines. However, my saintly neighbor next door took it upon herself to give me "good experiences" in sewing so that I would develop a desire. We took a trip to Wal-mart, bought some cute froggy/camo flannel and set out on our task to make Will some jammies. Problem is...you'll notice that Will would have to have an atrophied left foot and leg to squeeze into these babies. That didn't really matter though, since we couldn't fit the pants over his bum anyway, so I will have to donate these to the next friend/family member who has a newborn baby boy. Are any of you excited yet? Heehee. Perhaps my lot in life is not to sew, but to shop at discount stores. Spend the same amount of money and a lot less time! I have always been domestically challenged, these little gems just confirmed that fact again. Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. I am so bummed that my baby boy came two weeks ago. If he just could have waited a few more weeks we could have received a real treasure. :) I love the pants, Jodi. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is hilarious! will you please save them for my firstborn! love it!!

    ReplyDelete