Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Got Your Finger....

Warning: The images contained in this entry may not be suitable for viewers with weak stomachs.

So, last night I was ambitiously cleaning up all the dinner dishes after Will finally went to bed and I learned a valuable lesson. Here it is: Be careful with butcher knives; they tend to be sharp. I was drying off the big knife (the one my mom gave me for Christmas-thanks mom!) and it slipped out of my left hand and cut cross ways into my right index finger. Oh the pain! After the initial shock, I called Blair, who was on his way home from school, and told him I thought I might need stitches. He arrived on the scene about 10:00 and told me no stitches would be necessary, he would just use a tad of super glue to close my gash. Dr. Blair's "tad" of glue soon turned into a bubbling mass of quickly crystallizing blood. Well, you can look at his handiwork for yourself. I'm hoping the scar it leaves won't be any bigger than Texas. :)

2 comments:

  1. sick!!! jodi - you are sooo brave!!! you go to the doc right now and get stitches!!! otherwise it will be the size of texas! it's the size of utah already!! get in there!! shoo shoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that looks yicky, but I am glad participate in all the ups and downs of your life through the computer world. Who would have thought you'd have a blog?!

    ReplyDelete