Thursday, November 3, 2011

Unforgettable Halloween...

So, I feel bad, but this year there will be no pictures of my cute little son dressed up for Halloween. For some reason, he refused to wear his costume. This is a huge disappointment on many levels for me. First of all, his costume was Lightning McQueen. He LOVES Lightning McQueen. This is the kid who watches Disney's Cars every chance he gets. He has Lightning bath toys, he has Lightning action figures, he's got Lightning p.j.'s and Lightning hats and shirts. So, I was obviously dumbfounded when I tried to put on his Lightning costume before the ward's Trunk or Treat and he started crying, took it from my hands, threw it on the floor and yelled, "No! I don't like it!" I stood there frozen. How could that be possible? We coaxed and begged. Every other parent with their adorably costumed kid at the party asked Will and tried to tell him it was cool to wear a costume on Halloween. Nope. He wasn't giving in. I thought, maybe by Monday, he'd be over his costume aversion. Halloween came, same routine. No costume. I tried to reason with my independent little friend that people like to see costumes on kids who go trick or treating. He might no get any candy. Will's expression remained impassive. We settled on him wearing his Lightning McQueen jammies over his clothes. I realized I was fighting a losing battle with a 2 year old. He had a great time. He got plenty of candy. I agonized over my $30 dollars that I would never see again due to the un-returnable Lightning costume. Oh well, there's always next year. In fact, I think as payback, he's going to be Lightning for the next TWO years. Ha. That'll show him. What a guy.



Will returning home from his trick-or-treating experience.



Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's to play some Halloween games and eat some caramel and apples. Yum.


Blair and I dressed as Lightning's Pit crew.


Close up of the picture we pinned to us.



Will putting bing-bags in the ghosts and pumpkins.


Getting ready to toss.


Good shot!


Grandpa cheering him on.


No comments:

Post a Comment